In March, the new AIDAluna left Hamburg on its maiden voyage along the western European Atlantic coast to the Mediterranean. On-board: high-quality Wanzl products for housekeeping and front office tasks as well as for internal transport. Even on a cruise ship, the service provided by the housekeeping personnel and the products they use behind the scenes and out of sight of the guests must be perfect. And at 252 metres long and with 1250 cabins for passengers, AIDAluna offers its passengers lots of room for comfort. AIDAluna is AIDA Cruises' sixth ship.
Based in Rostock, the company has specialised as both an ocean carrier and tour operator for active and casual cruises with a wide range of sporting, wellness, spa and entertainment activities since 1996. Today AIDA Cruises is the market leader in the cruise industry in the German-speaking region, with approximately 34% of the market. In Summer 2008, the company welcomed its 1.5 millionth guest.
Wanzl provides AIDAluna with a number of products, including:
- 61 special versions of "ZP-9" chambermaid trolleys
- 130 space-saving folding handcarts for presorting laundry
- 110 "T26" transport trolleys for the functional transport of food and non-food stock items
- 28 luggage collection trolleys comprising the "Group" model and the folding "Compact 800 R" version with a hinged platform for convenient loading of the luggage of individual and group travellers
- Over 60 Wanzl guidance systems "Part-Line 2000" and "Part-Flex 2000"