We process data that we receive from you within the context of our business relationship. In addition, we process - insofar as is necessary for us to provide our services – data, which we have legally received (e.g. to carry out orders, to fulfil contracts or based on your consent) from other companies within the Wanzl Group or business partners in the field or service providers or from other third parties (e.g. information about credit ratings). Alternatively, we process personal data, which we have obtained and are permitted to process from publicly accessible sources (e.g. directories of debtors, commercial registers, press, media, Internet).
The following are the types of personal information that we process within the context of the business relationship:
- Personal information (e.g. name, address, personal details)
- Contact details (e.g. telephone number, e-mail address)
- Financial data (e.g. account data, tax characteristics)
- Order, contract and sales information
- Credit rating data.
We process your personal data in compliance with the provisions of the GDPR, national data protection regulations (e.g. BDSG New) and all other applicable regulations:
a) To comply with the contractual obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 b GDPR) The processing of personal data takes place if it is needed for the purpose of fulfilling a contract or a pre-contractual action to which you are a party or are about to become a party. This concerns in particular (but not exhaustively) purposes for:
- Carrying out contractually agreed actions and tasks
- Providing services based on your orders and requirements
- Communicating with you in relation to a contract or order
- Accounting and debiting of payments, remuneration or fees, as well as the transparency of the transactions made.
b) As part of the balancing of interests (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR) If necessary, we use your data beyond the actual fulfilment of the contract to protect our legitimate interests or those of third parties. This relates to the following purposes in particular:
- Obtaining information / exchanging data with credit agencies
- Passing on to debt collection companies with whom we have a contractual relationship or an external lawyer in the event of an unsuccessful dunning procedure
- Further development of our services and products or processes
- Benchmarking and analysing market data
- Compiling databases of knowledge for sharing information and developing the business
- Actions related to IT security and data protection compliance
- Direct advertising
- Enforcement of legal claims and defence in legal disputes.
c) Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR) If you have given us permission to handle personal data for certain purposes, the lawfulness of this processing is given on the basis of your consent. Any consent you have given can be revoked at any time.
d) Based on legal requirements (Art. 6 para. 1 c GDPR) In addition, we process your personal data insofar as this is required by law or in the public interest. This concerns in particular (but not exhaustively) purposes as part of the following:
- Commercial and taxation laws (e.g. monitoring and reporting obligations under tax law, retention periods)
- Supervisory requirements
- Criminal laws (e.g. prevention of fraud and money laundering, comparing against anti-terrorism and corruption lists)
- Disclosing your personal information for the gathering of evidence, law enforcement, or civil enforcement purposes.
The information will be forwarded or made available to employees and organizational units within our company who need it to meet our contractual, pre-contractual and legal obligations or within the context of our legitimate interest.
Your data will only be disclosed to external third parties for a restricted purpose, in particular:
- as part of the implementing contractually agreed actions and activities
- on the basis of our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of a third party
- to comply with legal requirements where we are obliged to pass on information
- on the basis of your consent
- to external service providers who work for us as contracted processors (e.g. IT service providers, data shredders, etc.).
We process and store your personal data for the duration of our business relationship as long as it is required to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. It should be noted that the storage period varies depending on the purpose of the data processing. If the data is no longer required for the fulfilment of contractual or legal obligations, it is regularly deleted or anonymized, taking into account the legal retention obligations.
A data transfer to places in states outside the European Union (so-called third states) takes place, insofar as:
- it is necessary to process your orders (for example, group companies, supplies)
- is required by law (e.g. tax reporting obligations) or
- you have given us your consent.
In the event that we also need to disclose personal information to entities in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), the disclosure will only take place if the third country has been confirmed by the EU Commission to have an adequate level of data protection or other appropriate data protection guarantees (e.g. agreement on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission) are in place.
Everyone has the right to access (Art. 15 GDPR) the information that is being processed about their person, the right to rectify inaccurate data (Art. 16 GDPR), the right to delete personal information (Art. 17 GDPR), the right to limit the processing (Art. 18 GDPR), the right to object (Art. 21 GDPR) and the right to transmit data in a common machinereadable format (Art. 20 GDPR).
You can revoke your consent for the processing of personal information at any time. You can also revoke the processing for the purpose of direct advertising at any time. Please note that the revocation will only take effect in the future. Any processing of information that took place before consent was revoked is not affected by this.
As part of our business relationship, you must only provide personal information that is necessary for the establishment, performance and termination of a business relationship or which we are legally obliged to collect. We will not be able to enter into or carry out the contract with you without this information.
Basically, we do not use fully-automated decision making to establish or conduct the business relationship.
You can register a complaint with the data protection officer mentioned above or with the data protection supervisory authority responsible for us: Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision, Promenade 27, 91522 Ansbach, Tel. 0981-531300.