Home services and online orders are booming when it comes to food, as well as in other sectors. Today’s customers appreciate the convenience of home delivery. Fresh and frozen food should be delivered to homes punctually, reliably and above all efficiently, and with no additional costs. Completely new concepts and solutions are needed for retailers, vehicle manufacturers and logistics suppliers. With its HD Flitzer®, Kiesling Automotive has created a versatile sprinter van with lots of space for shopping, and a smart concept with multiple doors for quick loading and efficient unloading. Wanzl roll cages support the pre-picking, supplying, loading, delivery and unloading aspects of home delivery.
Around 350 roll cages are currently on the road with HD Flitzer®. The key factor is the number of picks per hour – it is a reliable, efficient indicator of success. And this is how it works: goods ordered are pre-picked for home delivery, packed into Euro crates and taken to the loading ramp on Wanzl roll cages. Magnets connect the individual containers into one large, manoeuvrable package. The connected cages are then quickly pushed through the rear doors into the HD Flitzer®, which immediately sets off on its daily, route-optimised fresh delivery run,
– Pre-picking of orders directly in the goods warehouse, loading of Wanzl roll cages with Euro boxes and drinks crates.
– Extremely quick unloading at the customer address, through the side doors and without climbing into the storage space. The result is a significant increase in picks per hour.
– Ideal for delivering in cities with restricted parking. Compact due to being designed without an aisle.
– Optimisation of routes, loading and unloading by way of special software.
– Commercial vehicle rental company Mercedes-Benz CharterWay offers the system, which is based on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, for hire to interested companies, for a period from 24 hours to several months as required.
“Leading home delivery specialists underlined the success of our concept during the test phases. Access times fell by up to 80%.”
PETER KIESLING, Managing Director of Kiesling Fahrzeugbau GmbH